1. What is Dual Training System?
- A training delivery system that involves two venues of learning: the school and the industry
Below is a video on the dual training system - in coordination with TESDA, Dualtech Center, MiddleBy Phils. Corp. and other partner cooperating companies.
2. What are the benefits of the Dual Training System?
For society and education
- Helps solve skills mismatch
For industry or company
- Custom-made training
- Manpower pooling
For the student or trainee
- Work attitudes gained through real industrial work
- Actual plant environment
- Earn and learn
3. What are the responsibilities of the school?
- teaches basic skills in preparation for the in-plant training
- provides theoretical training and simulations
- develops proper work attitude
- provides continuing education
4. What are the responsibilities of the company?
- provides job-orientation
- trains in actual work-skills and real-life situation
- assigns trainees according to training plan
- subsidizes training cost
5. What is Republic Act No. 7686?
- known as the "Dual Training System Act of 1994" or "act to strengthen manpower education and training in the Philippines by institutionalizing the Dual Training System as an instructional delivery system of technical and vocational education and training ... "
6. What are the incentives for the company under the Law?
- " ... allowed to deduct from their taxable income the amount of fifty percent (50%) of the actual system expenses paid to the Accredited Dual Training System Educational Institution for the establishment's trainees ... " (Sec. 9)
- Donations for the operation of the System shall be deductible from the taxable income of the donors." (See. 9)
7. What are the benefits to the school under the system?
- curriculum becomes relevant
- company pays for training
- students become scholars
- "Essential equipment, apparatus and materials imported by accredited dual training private educational institutions shall be exempt from taxes and duties ... " (Sec. 18, R.A. 7686)